For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Bend Beer Chase will start at Worthy Brewing and end at Brooks Street Plaza from 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. on 6/3/17. Flaggers will be stationed at major crosswalks but will not be stopping traffic. Participants will obey all traffic signals and rules of the road.
- Heaven Can Wait 5K Run will start and finish at Drake Park, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 6/4/17. Flaggers will direct traffic at intersection of Riverfront Street and Tumalo Avenue.
For the week of:
May 29 – June 3
- Industrial Way between Colorado Avenue and Wall Street for sewer, water, and driveway installation, road closure with detour, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 5/31/17.
- Northwest Crossing Drive between Lemhi Pass Drive and Labiche Lane for sewer and water installation, full road closure with detour, 5/25/17 – 6/9/17.
- Purcell Boulevard between Full Moon Drive and Neff Road for utility relocation, single lane closures with flaggers, 7:30 p.m. – 6:30 a.m., 5/30/17.
- Neff Road between Purcell Boulevard and Williamson Boulevard for utility relocation, westbound traffic will be diverted into center turn lane, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 5/17/17 – 5/31/17. Use caution.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek roads, 24 hours a day. (However, northbound traffic is open between Chilliwack and Bear Creek for local traffic.) Final paving expected late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed West on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then North on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and East on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- The Medical Center Drive and 27th Street intersection signal is turned off. Left turns are not available and East-West traffic on across 27th Street is closed. Follow detour signs.
- OB Riley Road, South of Mervin Samples Road, southbound lane will continue to be closed this week for sewer improvements. One-way northbound OB Riley Road traffic will be maintained. Southbound traffic on OB Riley should use alternate routes at Empire Avenue. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- Butler Market Road, West of 4th Street, ongoing bike lane and sidewalk closures on the South side of the road. A pedestrian detour is in place and bikes should expect to share the travel lane with cars. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, single lane closures for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- Downtown: The City of Bend will be upgrading ADA curb ramps downtown through the end of May, expect lane closures and sidewalk detours, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily:
- Roundabout at Industrial Way and Bond/Wall Street, 5/1/17 – 5/31/17
- NW Riverside Boulevard, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Congress Street, closed weekdays for a waterline replacement project. Anticipated completion is end of June. This section of NW Riverside will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use NW Riverside Boulevard north of Tumalo Avenue, Bond Street and Wall Street. For project and detour information: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager