For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
- Happy Girls Bend Run will start and finish at Riverbend Park from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on 5/27/17. Flaggers will be staged at the following road crossings:
- Galveston Avenue bridge at both Riverfront Street and Harmon Boulevard
- Newport Avenue near Brooks Street
- Portland Avenue at 1st Street
- Mount Washington Drive near Clubhouse Drive
For the week of: May 22 – 27
- Neff Road between Purcell Boulevard and Williamson Boulevard for utility relocation, westbound traffic will be diverted into center turn lane, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 5/17/17 – 5/31/17.
- Lemhi Pass Drive between Northwest Crossing Drive and Labiche Lane for sewer and water installation, full road closure with detour, 5/15/17 – 5/24/17.
- Northwest Crossing Drive between Lemhi Pass Drive and Labiche Lane for sewer and water installation, full road closure with detour, 5/25/17 – 6/9/17.
- Division Street between Thurston Avenue and Underwood Avenue for water service line upgrade, lane shift will occur in northbound lane, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 5/22/17.
- Industrial Way between Colorado Avenue and Wall Street for sewer, water, and driveway installation, road closure with detour, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 5/23/17 – 5/26/17.
- Arizona Avenue between Staats Street and Lava Road for sewer and water installation, shoulder work with minor lane encroachment, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., 5/24/17 – 6/2/17.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek roads, 24 hours a day, for about five months. (However, northbound traffic is open between Chilliwack and Bear Creek for local traffic.) Final paving expected late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed west on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then north on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and east on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: bendoregon.gov/SEI
- The Forum Drive and 27th Street intersection signal is turned off. Left turns are not available and east-west traffic on Forum across 27th Street is closed. Follow detour signs.
- OB Riley Road, southbound lane south of Mervin Samples Road, will be closed for sewer improvements beginning next week. One-way northbound OB Riley Road traffic will be maintained. (Local southbound access to businesses north of the Sawyer Park entrance will be maintained.) Southbound traffic on OB Riley should use alternate routes at Empire Avenue. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, single lane closures for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- Downtown: The City of Bend will be upgrading ADA curb ramps downtown through the end of May, expect lane closures and sidewalk detours, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily:
- Intersection of Wall Street and Newport Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Intersection of Bond Street and Greenwood Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Roundabout at Industrial Way and Bond/Wall Street, 5/1/17 – 5/31/17
- NW Riverside Boulevard, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Congress Street, closed weekdays for a waterline replacement project. Anticipated completion is end of June. This section of NW Riverside will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use NW Riverside Boulevard north of Tumalo Avenue, Bond Street and Wall Street. For project and detour information: bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
(541) 323-8519, firstname.lastname@example.org