For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of:
May 8 – 13
- Parrell Road from China Hat Road to Powers Road for paving and patching, moving single lane closure with flagging, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., 5/9/17 – 5/10/17.
- Hunnell Road near intersection with Cooley Road for fire hydrant abandonment, single lane closure with flagging, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 5/10/17.
- Third Street between Division Street and OB Riley Road, lane closure in the right-hand northbound travel lane anticipated to begin no earlier than May 1 for the North Area Sewer Improvement Project. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek, 24 hours a day, for about five months. However, northbound traffic is open between Chilliwack and Bear Creek for local traffic. Final paving will happen late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed west on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then north on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and east on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- Night work (7:15 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.) at the intersection of 27th Street and Neff Road is anticipated to resume May 14th. Flaggers will direct traffic safely.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, single lane closures for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South Third Street between Wilson Avenue and Powers Road, on a limited basis, single lane closures and flagging at signalized intersections for the Third Street Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- The City of Bend will be upgrading ADA curb ramps downtown through the end of May, expect lane closures and sidewalk detours, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily:
- Intersection of Wall Street and Newport Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Intersection of Bond Street and Greenwood Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Roundabout at Industrial Way and Bond/Wall Street, 5/1/17 – 5/31/17
- NW Riverside Boulevard, full road closure from NW Tumalo Avenue to NW Congress Street, closed weekdays for a waterline replacement project. Anticipated completion is end of June. This section of NW Riverside will be open to local traffic only with detours clearly marked for thru traffic. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use NW Riverside Boulevard north of Tumalo Avenue, Bond Street and Wall Street. For project and detour information click here: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
- Road closures near the intersection of NW Crossing Drive and Lemhi Pass Drive for water and sewer installation, one location will be closed at a time, detours will be in place for each location, 5/01/17 – 5/13/17.
- Lemhi Pass Drive between NW Crossing Drive and McNeal Way
- Labiche Lane between McNeal Way and NW Crossing Drive
- NW Crossing Drive between Labiche Lane and Lemhi Pass Drive
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager