For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of: April 24 – 29
For the week of: April 24 – 29
- Mt. Washington Drive between Shevlin Park Road and Regency Street for Valhalla Sewer Relocation Project paving, road closure with detours in place, 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., 4/26/17 – 4/28/17.
- The City of Bend will be upgrading ADA curb ramps in Downtown through the end of May, expect lane closures and sidewalk detours, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily:
- Intersection of Wall Street and Newport Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Intersection of Bond Street and Greenwood Avenue, 4/26/17 – 5/25/17
- Roundabout at Industrial Way and Bond/Wall Street, 5/1/17 – 5/31/17
- Egypt Drive between 18th Street and Ranch Village Drive for water and sewer installation, full road closures with detours, school entrances will remain open, 6 a.m. – 7 p.m., 4/25/17 & 5/2/17.
- Riverside Boulevard between Broadway Street and Louisiana Avenue for water line installation, single lane closure in eastbound lane with detour marked, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., 5/1/17 – 5/2/17.
- 27th Street closed to northbound traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek, 24 hours a day, for about eight months. Final paving will happen late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed west on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then north on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and east on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- Night work continues at the intersection of 27th Street and Neff Road. The work hours are 7:15 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Flaggers will be present to control and direct traffic safely.
- South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and non-signalized intersection closures for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and signalized intersection closures at Reed Lane for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 6 a.m., 4/03/17 – 5/30/17. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- 15th Street between Humber Lane and Gateway Drive for sewer, water, and road construction, single lane closures with flagging, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 3/29/17 – 5/03/17.
- Road closures near the intersection of NW Crossing Drive and Lemhi Pass Drive for water and sewer installation, one location will be closed at a time, detours will be in place for each location, 5/01/17 – 5/13/17.
- Lemhi Pass Drive between NW Crossing Drive and McNeal Way
- Labiche Lane between McNeal Way and NW Crossing Drive
- NW Crossing Drive between Labiche Lane and Lemhi Pass Drive
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager