Home Facebook Feed Widget
- Apr 28
North Area Sewer Project construction is anticipated to begin construction May 1 at the intersection of Third Street and Butler Market Road. Construction and traffic impacts will continue to the end of the year. Bend’s sewer collection system (the pipe and conveyance system) is near capacity. In some areas, existing sewer pipes routinely approach overflow levels. This project will provide needed relief in the north area and improve access to employment land. This project includes: -Force main construction from a lift station in Sawyer Park on O.B. Riley Road, south to Third Street and east on Butler Market Road connecting to an existing gravity main line near Fourth Street. -Gravity system upgrades between Nels Anderson Road and North Highway 97. Visit the project website for project updates at www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer.
- Apr 28
Get your next Weekly Road and Traffic Report here! http://www.bendoregon.gov/Home/Components/News/News/1794/29
- Apr 27
Learn about prescribed fire...
Home Twitter Feed Widget
- Apr 28
- Apr 27
- Apr 27
Despite the snowy winter, water conservation is a priority this summer as everyone turns on sprinklers. Tips: https://t.co/ppJWhv8sqP
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of April 17-22
- Bond Street, Minnesota Avenue, Wall Street, Louisiana Avenue, and Kansas Avenue will be closed during Earth Day Parade, road closures with detours, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., 4/22/17.
- Bend Marathon will start and finish in Brooks Street between Franklin Avenue and Newport Avenue, flaggers will be in place at all street crossings and signage will be in place, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., 4/23/17.
For the week of:
April 17 – 22
- Road closures near the intersection of NW Crossing Drive and Lemhi Pass Drive for water and sewer installation, one location will be closed at a time, detours will be in place for each location, 4/17/17 – 4/29/17.
- Lemhi Pass Drive between NW Crossing Drive and McNeal Way
- Labiche Lane between McNeal Way and NW Crossing Drive
- NW Crossing Drive between Labiche Lane and Lemhi Pass Drive
- Mt. Washington Drive between Shevlin Park Road and Regency Street for Valhalla Sewer Relocation Project paving, road closure with detours in place, 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., 4/18/17 – 4/19/17.
- 27th Street Sewer Line Project (Southeast Interceptor)
- 27th Street closed to northbound traffic between Reed Market and Bear Creek, 24 hours a day, for about eight months. Final paving will happen late spring of 2018. Detour: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed west on Reed Market Road to 15th Street, then north on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and east on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street. 27th Street Sewer Line Project information: www.bendoregon.gov/SEI
- Neff Road from 27th Street to Medical Center Drive is closed to westbound traffic. Two detours are in place. One directs travelers west via Butler Market Road and 8th Street and the other directs travelers to the south using Hwy 20 and Purcell Blvd. Access to St Charles remains open at all times; follow the blue signs.
- Night work continues at the intersection of 27th Street and Neff Road. The work hours are 7:15 pm to 6:30 am. Flaggers will be present to control and direct traffic safely.
- South Third Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and non-signalized intersection closures for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South Third Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and signalized intersection closures at Reed Lane for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 6 a.m., 4/03/17 – 5/30/17. www.bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- 15th Street between Humber Lane and Gateway Drive for sewer, water, and road construction, single lane closures with flagging, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 3/29/17 – 5/03/17.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager