Home Facebook Feed Widget
- Apr 28
North Area Sewer Project construction is anticipated to begin construction May 1 at the intersection of Third Street and Butler Market Road. Construction and traffic impacts will continue to the end of the year. Bend’s sewer collection system (the pipe and conveyance system) is near capacity. In some areas, existing sewer pipes routinely approach overflow levels. This project will provide needed relief in the north area and improve access to employment land. This project includes: -Force main construction from a lift station in Sawyer Park on O.B. Riley Road, south to Third Street and east on Butler Market Road connecting to an existing gravity main line near Fourth Street. -Gravity system upgrades between Nels Anderson Road and North Highway 97. Visit the project website for project updates at www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer.
- Apr 28
Get your next Weekly Road and Traffic Report here! http://www.bendoregon.gov/Home/Components/News/News/1794/29
- Apr 27
Learn about prescribed fire...
Home Twitter Feed Widget
- Apr 28
- Apr 27
- Apr 27
Despite the snowy winter, water conservation is a priority this summer as everyone turns on sprinklers. Tips: https://t.co/ppJWhv8sqP
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of April 10 - 15...
For the week of: April 10 - 15
- Moonlight Drive, North of Daggett Lane and across from Ensworth Elementary School East Entrance for road paving, road closure with detour signed, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4/10/17.
- Division Street between Thurston Avenue and Underwood Avenue for water service abandonment, northbound traffic will be diverted into continuous center lane, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4/10/17 – 4/12/17.
- Northwest York Drive between Clearwater Drive and Lolo Drive for fire service installation, road closure with local traffic access only, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., 4/10/17 – 4/14/17.
- Reed Market Road between 5th and 6th Streets for concrete repairs, eastbound lane closure with flagging, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., 4/11/17 and 7 p.m. – 6 a.m., 4/12/17.
- Glenwood Drive near intersection with 9th Street for waterline abandonment, single lane closure with flagging, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4/13/17 – 4/14/17.
Southeast Interceptor Update:
As the 27th Street Sewer Line construction project nears the intersection of 27th Street and Reed Market Road, a significant change to northbound traffic patterns along 27th Street is anticipated to begin April 10. 27th Street will be closed for northbound traffic from Reed Market to Bear Creek, 24 hours a day, for about eight months. Most of the work will be completed by December of 2017. Final paving will happen late spring of 2018.
Northbound traffic on 27th Street will use the current detour in place: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed west on Reed Market Road to 15th Street. Then directed north on 15th Street to Hwy 20. East on Hwy 20 back to 27th Street.
Project information: bendoregon.gov/sei
- 15th Street between Humber Lane and Gateway Drive for sewer, water and road construction, single lane closures with flagging, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 3/29/17 – 5/03/17.
- South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and non-signalized intersection closures for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and signalized intersection closures at Reed Lane for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 6 a.m., 4/03/17 – 5/30/17. bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- Neff Road from 27th Street to Medical Center Drive for Southeast Interceptor Sewer Line Project, westbound lane closed to all traffic with detours signed, all access to St. Charles remains open, 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., 3/06/17 – 5/10/17.
- 27th Street between Reed Market Road and Bear Creek Road for Southeast Interceptor sewer project, northbound lane closure with detour signed, expected completion in December 2017. bendoregon.gov/sei
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
(541) 323-8519, firstname.lastname@example.org