- Jun 27
If you see crews in your neighborhood accessing water meter boxes, they're working to keep our water safe. Here's more info about the City's annual backflow assembly testing:
- Jun 27
With Independence Day approaching we wish the community a happy and SAFE July 4th! Help the Bend Fire & Police Departments by not using illegal fireworks like those pictured and being prepared if using legal ones. Leave the fireworks to the professionals and enjoy the show on Pilot Butte at dark July 4th! Visit our fireworks safety webpage for more info. http://www.bendoregon.gov/government/departments/fire-ems/fire-and-life-safety-information/fireworks-safety
- Jun 26
The Transportation System Plan is a vital component of the City’s plan for growth and how we will deal with East - West connectivity as our Urban Growth Boundary expands.
- Jun 27
Great turnout for the Galveston Street Corridor Parking Study Open House! Have questions? The presentation will be… https://t.co/zJJnaf0WsS
- Jun 27
- Jun 26
For the latest City news, you've come to the right place.
Looking for a particular news article? Try out the search box below.
Just want to look at news related to a specific department or topic? Use the drop-down boxes to narrow your search.
Sign up here to have the City news delivered right to your inbox.
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of April 3 - 8...
Weekly Road and Traffic Report Begins for 2017
The City of Bend will be releasing a weekly road and traffic report each Friday during peak construction season to help travelers plan the quickest, safest and most reliable routes to their destinations. This weekly report is intended to provide information about various projects within the City that impact traffic.
The City’s Private Development Engineering Department coordinates lane and road closures in the rights-of-way, for public and private projects.
It will be a busy summer. The City will be working on street preservation, sidewalk construction and sewer line projects. There will also be private development projects that require lane closures. Occasionally, special events will also require temporary road closures.
The weekly road and traffic reports will be released to the media on Friday afternoons, posted on the homepage of the City’s website, and shared on the City’s social media channels. They can also be received via email by subscribing to City eNews (sign up for General News category).
Weekly Road and Traffic Report for the week of: April 3 – 8
- Portland Avenue between Steidl Road and College Way for tree trimming, single lane closures with flagging, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 3/30/17 – 4/05/17.
- 15th Street between Humber Lane and Gateway Drive for sewer, water and road construction, single lane closures with flagging, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., 3/29/17 – 5/03/17.
- South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and non-signalized intersection closures for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Completion is anticipated in July, 2017.
- South 3rd Street between Brosterhous Road and Powers Road, single lane closures and signalized intersection closures at Reed Lane for the Sidewalk Improvement Project, 11 p.m. – 6 a.m., 4/03/17 – 5/30/17. bendoregon.gov/thirdstreetsidewalks
- Neff Road from 27th Street to Medical Center Drive for Southeast Interceptor Sewer Line Project, westbound lane closed to all traffic with detours signed, all access to St. Charles remains open, 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., 3/06/17 – 5/10/17.
- 27th Street between Reed Market Road and Bear Creek Road for Southeast Interceptor Sewer Line Project, northbound lane closure with detours signed, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. bendoregon.gov/sei
- Glenwood Drive near intersection with 9th Street for waterline abandonment, single lane closure with flagging, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4/13/17 – 4/14/17.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
(541) 323-8519, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
(541) 317-3035, email@example.com